The Ascent is a fun cyberpunk-themed shooter, but it was released with some performance issues. Most notable was a strange disparity between the Windows Store version of the game and the Steam version, but overall stability has also been an issue. If you still have problems, there is one new patch leave now.
Stuttering and sticking are the two main ones responsible for performance and both are addressed in patch 2 for both DirectX 11 and 12 users. A lot of unspecified crashes have been fixed, while bugs related to the disappearance of weapon skins, character t-shirts, and equipment have been fixed.
Here is the full list (or see it at Steam here):
Performance (Steam PC and Win10)
- Now DX12 is the default for Windows Store Players.
- Now DX11 is compatible with Windows Store.
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and sticking, for DX11 and DX12, will continue work here for future updates.
- Lightning tracking is set to "off" by default on all platforms
- Improved hot link charging times on Steam & XB Family devices; work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
- Several blocks to one player and Coop have been fixed
- Save progress (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where the skins could be lost
- Fixed an issue where character t-shirts could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Gear could be lost
- Fixed an issue where client items could be unpacked when a host was disconnected inside a level elevator
- Fixed an issue where customers could lose their savings progress when traveling quickly in certain circumstances
Game (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where a FullChrome sometimes did not appear in "Mutual Dependencies" (mission 2)
- Fixed an issue where "Sell all duplicates" was malfunctioning
- Frequency of Kira lines changed when civilians are killed (will now be triggered less frequently)
Achievements (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue with "Added Extras" achievement
- Fixed an issue with the "Amateur" result.
- Fixed an issue with the "Help in Hand" achievement
- Fixed an issue with "Win" achievement
- Fixed an issue with "Fair Trade" achievement
Translation (all platforms)
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Please note that we are still working to improve the quality of translation in all languages
Other fixes (all platforms)
- Several minor collision issues have been resolved