Original Destiny Raid, Glass vault, comes to its sequel this weekend, May 22, with the latest This Week At Bungie blog post giving us the bare minimum of what to expect. The release also announces a beta version of crossplay, which runs from May 25-27.
First, however, is the foray. You’ll be able to start at 10 a.m. PDT / 5 on Saturday afternoon, at which point Guardians will be able to try to snatch that First World title. This will need to be done.
Here is the checklist you must complete before winning the race:
- Vault of Glass will launch with contest mode enabled for 24 hours, starting at 10:00 AM Pacific on Saturday, May 22nd.
- You must be on 1300 Power to be on the edge of all encounters.
- Clearing the raid with active contest mode is the first step to accessing the new challenge mode for the director.
- Completing each encounter in this newly unlocked challenge mode, while also ending a selected list of Triumphs, will be like a team of fire crosses the finish line of the First World.
- To remove guesses, in challenge mode, your team will clear if the conditions of victory during the match fail.
If you’re interested in trying crossplay, the beta version will be available to all PC, Playstation, Xbox and Stadia gamers on May 25 via the crossplay beta playlist. By completing three times in the playlist, you will get a unique "Stars Crossed" emblem. The beta version exists specifically to test the combination system, so you won't be able to invite friends to join you.
Crossplay is still scheduled to make its way into the game in season 15, as announced in February, therefore, if the beta version works well, you can consider it a good indication that cross-play will be widely available in the fall. With the full system in place, you'll also be able to set up your favorite platforms to match games.
To get the most out of the current season so far, check out our overview of the splicer season and the best weapons of the season.