Hearthstone’s latest mini-set, The Wailing Caverns, from which all the cards have already come out revealed, will be released tomorrow as part of patch 20.4. And, honestly, who doesn't want to have a calling card Kresh, Lord of Turtling?
The mini-set is not the only one added to this new and great update. The patch notes released today also reveal new heroes and a new minion who will arrive on the battlefields, and a handful of nerves, including another baton bonk for Paladin's first day of school.
The nerf First Day of School undoes part of the change made a few weeks ago in patch 20.2.2, which changed the card from 0 to 1 and increased from 2 to 3 the random 1-cost servers it adds to the hand . The 20.4 patch goes back to 2 minions, but leaves the cost of the card in place. Another Paladin card, Hand of A’dal, is also being cut, so instead of granting + 2 / + 2 minion, it will give a + 2 / + 1.
"The first day of school and Hand of A & # 39; dal are strong performers played in the four main paladin archetypes (Libram, Aggro, Secret and Menagerie), and we're nerfing them on 20.4 to help other classes reduce distance with Paladin ". Blizzard explained. "Another note on the first day of school: Although the last balance change on this card only resulted in a slight change in power, we will continue to attempt similar changes in the future. "Our current balancing philosophy is to move forward with slight changes when we can, as we did when we changed the position on the first day of school, and we've seen good results over the last year with that approach."
Unbound Elemental is also clearing the card text: instead of winning + 1 / + 1 each time you play an overloaded card, you get + 1 / + 1 after playing the card.
More exciting, two new Battlegrounds heroes are on their way:
Mutanus the Devourer
- Devour (Cost 0): Remove a friendly servant. Spit out your stats to another. Earn 1 gold.
- Natural balance (Cost 1): Give a kind minion from each Tavern Level + 2 / + 1.
And he also has a new servant:
- (Level 4, demon) 3 attack, 5 health. At the end of your turn, if you have 6 minions or less, you gain + 3 / + 3.
As is often the case with these things, the patch will also see Maiev Shadowsong temporarily removed from the Battlegrounds hero pool.
The arena will also rotate after the patch and then include cards from:
94 previously released cards and 11 hero skins will also be on sale when the patch is released. The backs of the card will cost 500 or 600 gold, while the skins of the heroes will be 1200 or 1800 gold. You can expect more skin cards and heroes to return in future patches: Blizzard said new ones will continue to appear in the store, "but we'll periodically update the collection with more Back Cards and Hero Skins coming back."
Here's who comes to the party:
- Bronze Beard Machine *
- Alleria Windrunner *
- Medivh *
- Khadgar *
- Sylvanas Windrunner *
- Lei Shen / King Thunder *
- Dame Hazelbark *
- Maiev Song of the Shadow
- Sir Annoy-O
(Hero skins with * will also include their associated card).
New episodes of the Mercenary Book solo adventure will also appear throughout June, beginning with Xyrella’s Book of Mercenaries, which will be released on June 3 with the release of the patch. The book of the Guff mercenaries will follow him on June 15 and the book of heroes Malfurion will end on June 22. The defeat of eight heads each will give you a priest (Xyrella) and two packs of Druid cards (Guff and Malfurion), each of which will only contain cards from their respective Standard classes.
And, as usual, there are a lot of bug fixes and improvements in the game, in fact, 25. Count them:
- 1 – Updated friends list messages to indicate if friends in playback mode are playing classified or random and what format they are playing.
- 2 – Fixed a bug where the copy of imprisoned Celestial with the Mirror Entity meant that the copied imprisoned celestial could not activate its Spellburst effect after waking up.
- 3 – Fixed a bug where the cost-cutting effects of sleeping minions persisted after the sleeping minion was played and woke up.
- 4 – Fixed a bug where the effects that were triggered after or when a spell is cast would not be triggered if Oh My Yogg! turned the spell into a new spell with no valid targets.
- 5 – Fixed a bug that caused Sparkjoy Cheat to use both Scabbs Cutterbutter discounts if it put a secret into play with its effect.
- 6 – Fixed a bug where Guidance's Path Spirit option was not counted as an overload card when selected.
- 7 – Fixed a bug where the cost reduction effects of Bogbeam and Ironbark were not activated after launching Celestial Alignment and returning up to at least 7 mana crystals.
- 8 – Fixed a bug where cards like Field Contact did not recognize Crabrider as a Battlecry minion.
- 9 – The wording of Shield Slam has been updated to accurately represent the way the card interacts with Spell Damage vouchers.
- 10 – A language has been added that clarifies that classic and non-classic versions of a card are removed from your collection when any version is disenchanted.
- 11 – Fixed a bug where Elite Tauren Chieftan sometimes generated non-classic card versions when playing Classic.
- 12 – "Quilboars" has been corrected to "Quilboar" as the appropriate plural form of Quilboar when showing Battlegrounds minion types.
- 13 – Fixed a bug where the Reckless Apprentice effect caused some hero-only child powers to hit the enemy hero.
- 14 – Fixed a bug that would cause duplication of treasures in Duels.
- 15 – Cards of the same name from different sets are offered in the same Arena roll.
- 16 – The player profile has been updated to show the total number of wins for each game mode.
- 17 – Fixed a bug where progress related to progress tracks, such as the "Regular Tavern" achievement, was not updated correctly.
- 18 – Fixed a bug where reward pop-ups sometimes did not appear correctly when the reward was earned.
- 19 – Fixed a bug that prevented players from switching accounts on iOS devices.
- 20 – The player's new experience has been updated to remove certain restrictions and to better indicate heroes, modes, and other blocked features.
- 21 – Updated MMR calculation for returning players to better account for their time out of the game.
- 22 – Fixed a bug where effects that added copies of Diamond cards to a player's hand or deck added Golden versions instead of Diamond versions.
- 23 – Fixed a bug that prevented some Diamond cards from appearing in your collection if you own them.
- 24 – Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the cards in the hand to arbitrarily change position.
- 25 – Fixed a bug where an incorrect description sometimes appeared for items in the game store.
Full notes of the Hearthstone 20.4 patch are available at blizzard.com. The update will be released on June 3.