(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i86Ckj8xKk (/ embed)
Halo Infinite will have a free multiplayer game, Microsoft confirmed at its E3 conference today. It is also confirmed: there are grappling hats, dirty helicopters have returned and Capture the Flag is still the best multiplayer game mode in the world (okay, they didn’t say it in the pictures, but it’s true).
Microsoft today unveiled an exciting multiplayer action montage of Halo Infinite with a lot of basic elements of the series.
No release date specified yet, but "Holiday 2021" is coming. There are a lot more details to go through Halo block.
This is what I highlighted in the trailer:
- Brute Chopper, Banshees, Ghosts, the Mongoose, Scorpion tank and Warthogs are back
- It looks like there is a new human flying vehicle that looks like a compact fighter jet
- Spartans can slide like Halo 5
- There is still a sprint
- Hooks in multiplayer! You can grab an explosive cannon and throw it, grab a gun in your arms or grab the ceiling to give you a big jump
- The shotgun looks new and sounds * fleshy *
- The gravity hammer and the energy sword are back
- There is a heavy machine gun that looks new (or possibly a rework of an earlier weapon)
- A Spartan fires some kind of energy powder from one arm, and at another point, a Spartan pulls out a shield with his arm to reflect a plasma shot. Does it look like a new version of Armor Abilities?
- Fragrant pomegranates will still kill you
- The announcer has returned and, at one point, says "Shot on the bench!" when a Spartan kills by blowing an energy weapon from the ceiling
- BR confirmed
- The customization of the armor has a very varied look
- Oddball is inside, and it’s a burning skull
- You can use grenades to throw weapons at you, just like in the old days