(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEvKTSF7CMM (/ embed)
The open version of crosswatch Overwatch announced earlier this month is live, which means PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo gamers can now get together and play together seamlessly. All you have to do to participate is set up a Battle.net account (and if you have a PC, you already have one) and link to the console account.
You can find complete information on how the new cross-game system works in playoverwatch.com, but the good news for PC players is that everything we need to know is in one question:
Simple enough, eh?
The start of cross games is accompanied by a new Overwatch event, Ashe & # 39; s Deadlock Challenge, which offers Ashe-and-Bob-themed rewards for playing games in Quick Play, Competitive and Arcade. This is how it breaks down:
- Play 9 games: Get the icon
- Play 18 games: get the spray
- Play 27 games: Get what you really came for, the epic skin of Deadlock Ashe
You can also pick up a lot of sprinklers by watching the Overwatch category Twitch streamers from July 5th. Two hours of viewing give you a spray, two more hours you get two sprays and two more hours you get three more sprays.
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxd33PB69w (/ embed)
You'll need to have your Blizzard account linked to your Twitch account to receive discounts, and due to recent changes to Twitch Drops, you'll need to pay a little more attention than in the past to claim your rewards. Please note in particular that you must now manually claim the falls within 24 hours of earning them to receive them and that progress to subsequent drops will not begin until the current fall is claimed:
- You will now be able to see how the display time progresses towards a certain drop.
- Twitch users can now get rewards before linking their Battle.net account to Twitch. Rewards will expire seven days after being claimed if a Battle.net account has not been linked.
- You will no longer receive automatic rewards. Instead, you must claim the drop on the channel you are watching or on the Twitch Drop Inventory menu within the first 24 hours of winning it.
- You must claim your first Twitch Drop reward before you can progress to the second and you must claim the second Twitch Drop before you can progress to the third.
The Ashe Deadlock Challenge will run until July 5th. Except for an unforeseen and spectacular catastrophe, the open beta version of Overwatch will presumably last until Blizzard declares it completely live.