This year marks the tenth anniversary of adventure-exploration-survival Terraria, which has sold a whopping 35 million copies meet up. After the Re-Logic developer has been completely added Steam Workshop support for your custom maps, music packages and resources on March 16, the date of Terraria's actual birthday, a proper celebration was requested.
The team has given all players a new world seed, which you can access by finding out their name (pssst, it has to do with the date of the birthday). What awaits you is a seed that always drops on the beach. You’ll soon notice that a lot of things in biomes have been colored in different and fun ways, but of course, that’s not the only special thing about the seed. I won't spoil things for you, but this is a world with many gifts: at first the princess sells some new items, there are rare booties and materials to discover and the famous jungle camouflage has finally found its way into the game . The new world seed is certainly a great idea of what both new and experienced players can benefit from.
Note that Terraria 126.96.36.199 requires a dedicated server that is linked to the file official Steam news release.
In addition, the update contains some bug fixes that you can check below:
- Damage caused by reducing the Frost Armor bonus from 20 to 25 DPS has been fixed.
- Vulkan and Metal rendering issues that caused a crash on FNA versions have been fixed.
- A certain farm has been fixed.
- Missing description in Queen Slime treasure bag has been corrected.
- All types of strains have been corrected, except normal / floral strains, which were painted as they grew.
- King Slime minions that could collect money and waste it have been fixed, similar to the former Queen Slime minions.
Re-Logic has also started a fun little community contest to showcase your creative work in one of the categories Steam Workshop Maps, Texture Packs, Terraria Fan Art, Screenshots and more, which includes anything else creative , such as maps of modifications and textures that not hosted in steam, music and writing. The contest runs until Sunday, June 13 at 11:59 EDT / 16:59 BST. You can find more details at official site in the Terraria forums.