These days, Hearthstone patches come with the frequency of especially aggressive buses. Look, here's another one, and it'll actually be released today, with bug fixes and balance updates for both Standard and Battlegrounds. The patch notes are live now, which means we can find out what will happen before it happens. Exciting, isn't it?
The upgrade to Standard provides nerves to Refreshing Spring Water, Hysteria, Crabrider and Olgra, Mankrik's wife, and a sort of upward modification to First Day of School, which increased its cost from 0 to 1, but now adds up to three random 1 -Cost the minions on hand instead of two. Here's how it breaks down and why:
- Refreshing spring water – Antic: (costa 4) → New: (cost 5)
Spell Mage currently has a lot of explosive twists, and refreshing spring water plays an important role. By sinking the coolant water to 5 mana, we aim to reduce the frequency of extreme spins where the Cooling Spring Water draws cards and gains you mana in the process. By lowering the frequency of these game sequences, we believe that the range of possibilities of the fight will be more in line with other current options.
- First day of school – Old: (costs 0) Add 2 random minions of 1 cost in hand → New: (cost 1) Add 3 random 1-cost minions to your hand.
As we observe Paladin’s continued strong performance across multiple archetypes, we are busting the first day of school in order to reach Paladin’s initial strength. By increasing the cost of mana on the first day of school and the number of servants generated at 1 cost, we are moving the card to fit a value role rather than its initial position as an efficient curve facilitator.
- Hysteria – Antic: (costa 3) → New: (cost 4)
At 3 mana, hysteria becomes an option before opponents have a chance to think about how to better interact with it. Putting hysteria at bay provides more room for compromise decisions to be made and also allows for cheaper Priest / Warlock removal for a clearer purpose.
- Crabrider – Antic: Rush Windfury → New: Battlecry Rush: Windfury wins only this turn.
Crabrider is too efficient on some of our board-based decks, cleaning minions and removing a lot of Windfury damage. By changing Crabrider's Windfury to last only until the end of the turn, we remove the lethality it entails if left alone for a few turns. Our goal is for Crabrider to remain a solid choice for decks that want to spin the board, especially when combined with buffs.
- Olgra, Mankrik's wife – Old: casts when drawn Summons a Mankrik 3/10, which immediately attacks the enemy hero. → New: Cast when drawn Summon a Mankrik 3/7, which immediately attacks the enemy hero.
We lower our health in Mankrik, consumed by hatred to soften the effect of a first draw for Olgra. At 7 Health, the token will have more scope than the available mid-game withdrawal during turns 4-6.
However, there is one surprising omission: Incanter & # 39; s Flow. It’s the Mage card so powerful that Hearthstone pitcher Darroch Brown has recently released a supercut of Grand Master players reacting horrified and frustrated to the card that was played last weekend.
I doubt it would get official approval, so I offer the highlights of GM Specialist: Mr Blue Card pic.twitter.com/oo0KAbyHKUMay 10, 2021
And that's what the recent winner of the Gabriel Hearthstone Masters Tour, Ogrimmar, Gabriel "Gaby", Jeanne, thinks of this decision.
No nerves for the spell flow, an interesting option ….May 12, 2021
As always, all of the above cards will be eligible for a full refund of dust for two weeks after the upgrade.
Unusually, there are also a good number of fans along the way, "mainly focused on creating classes and archetypes with difficulties." * cough * Shaman.
- Pocket knife – Old: 2 attacks, 2 health → New: 3 attack, 2 health
- Dark Inquisitor Xanesh – Old: Reduce the cost of all corrupt cards in your hand and deck (2). → New: Reduce the cost of all corrupt and corrupt cards in your hand and deck (2).
- Unconsolidated elementary – Old: 2 attacks, 4 health → New: 3 attack, 4 health
- The big tide – Antic: (costa 4) → New: (cost 3)
- Lilypad Lurker – Old: 4 attacks, 5 health → New: 5 attack, 6 health
- Circle of Demons – Antic: (costa 4) → New: (cost 3)
- Chaos cover – Antic: (costa 6) → New: (cost 5)
- Swivel fighter – Old: 2 attacks, 6 health → New: 3 attack, 6 health
- Shieldmaiden – Antic: (costa 6) → New: (cost 5)
- N’Zoth, God of the Deep – Antic: (costa 10) → New: (cost 9)
As for the battlefields, Barrens Blacksmith will be removed from the minions' pool, and a handful of other minions have been reduced slightly (or not so slightly, in some cases), mainly to test the newly added Quillboar tribe.
- Roadboar – Old: 2 attacks, 4 health → New: 1 attack, 4 health
- Prophet of the Boar – Old: 3 attacks, 3 health → New: 2 attacks, 3 health
- Bannerboar – Old: 2 attacks, 5 health → New: 1 attack, 4 health
- Bristleback Brute – Old: the first blood gem played in this turn gives an extra + 3 / + 3. → New: The first blood gem played in this turn gives an extra +2 / +2.
- Groundshaker – Old: After a blood gem plays, give your minions a +2 attack only for the next fight. → New: After playing a blood gem, give your other minions a +2 attack just for the next fight.
- Dynamic duo – Old: 5 attacks, 6 health → New: 3 attack, 4 health
- Bonker – Old: 4 attacks, 7 health → New: 3 attack, 7 health
- Old (Golden): Mega-Windfury. After these attacks, you gain 2 blood gems. → New: Mega-Windfury. After these attacks, he gains a jewel of blood.
- Charlga – Old: 7 attacks, 7 health. At the end of your turn, throw a blood gem at all the friendly minions. → New: 4 attacks, 4 health. At the end of your turn, throw a blood gem at all the other friendly minions.
Blizzard is also working to fix an error that prevents updated text from being displayed on non-English Battlegrounds cards:
We are working to fix a bug for non-English languages, in which the text translations of the card for Battlegrounds Minion changes from version 20.2.2 are not updated to the client, despite the Minions functionality being update. We will provide an update and ETA soon.May 12, 2021
And finally, bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that removed Glaivebound Adept from the game. It will now be back in your collection, safe and where it belongs.
- Fixed a bug where Sparkjoy Cheat drew a letter whenever you had a secret in your hand, even if the secret could not be cast (as if the secret were a duplicate of one that was already in play). Sparkjoy Cheat will now only draw a card if a secret is thrown from the hand.
- Fixed a bug where using Goldgrubber's Hero Hero Hero Hero energy would sometimes cause Goldgrubber's stats to be reset in each round.
- The language of certain Amalgam cards has been updated to correctly include all Minion types.
- Fixed a bug related to game notifications.
- Fixed a bug that prevented access to battle-ready fights if Dame Hazelbark opened first.
- Fixed several bugs related to correct display of game store item prices.
The Hearthstone 20.2.2 patch is available for release later today. We'll let you know when you do.