Microsoft has just released the first official ISO file for Windows 11. This means that if you want to try a clean install, perhaps for this little old laptop, now is the time to download and set up a new USB stick to get the privilege .
To be able to do this, you need to be a dedicated Windows Insider download windows 11 Right Now. Okay, you don't really have to be dedicated, in fact, it could only be sign up for free today, download the ISO, install it, and never comment on Microsoft. Rebel that you use the operating system unfinished, you.
You should also make sure that any system on which you want to install Windows 11 ISO is actually capable of running the new operating system. He Windows 11 system requirements have been one of the main controversies regarding Microsoft’s next operating system, especially around its TPM 2.0 compatibility demands of your system, apparently due to the desire to improve security.
The ISO download is not the latest version of Windows 11, so it will need a quick update to get to the version that Microsoft just released. The ISO is Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.132, while the most recent update is Build 22000,160.
But there's one thing you'll get with ISO that you won't get with the standard on-site upgrade from Windows 10 that you'll have to do before the ISO download is removed: this is the 39; OOBE.
OOBE? Out-of-the-box experience.
Basically, Microsoft is testing the user experience of installing Windows 11 on a system for the first time, with all the introductory screens and options it normally entails. Aside from the brighter overall look, Microsoft also introduces the ability to name your computer while setting up Windows 11. It's not that nice. My version of Windows 11 is called Guinea Poog.
How do I install Windows 11 ISO?
Once you've verified that your target system meets the required requirements, you'll need to select which edition you want to download. There are a few different editions of Windows 11 to choose from, but we'd suggest that unless you're specifically after the Chinese edition, opt for either of the two main options.
There is a development channel and a beta channel edition for Windows 11 Insider Preview and the difference is based solely on the cadence of future releases. The Insider program development channel will receive the latest updates, but that also means they run the risk of being less stable versions. Therefore, the beta channel is likely to be a more solid version.
So it depends on whether you are willing to experience any bugs to experiment with the latest Windows 11 toys.
Then select your preferred language and download the ISO file.
Here are a couple of options. The first is that you can drop the ISO file to any existing Windows computer and perform an on-site upgrade or clean installation on top of the current installation.
- Go to the location of the ISO file in File Explorer and double-click to open it. This will effectively & # 39; mount & # 39; so that you can consult the files inside it.
- Double-click the Setup.exe file and the entire installation process will begin.
- If you want to keep some of this installation, you need to select the "Keep Windows settings, personal files and applications" option. If you want a clean install, select the option that says save nothing.
You can also create a bootable USB stick to install Windows 11 Insider Preview on different devices. Microsoft recommends a third-party application, called Rufus, because it is relatively easy to use and lightweight in terms of system resources.
- Install Rufus and run the application.
- Insert the USB drive in which you want to mount the Windows 11 ISO. It must be at least 8 GB in size and the process will delete all the files that are there, so you will have to delete everything you want to keep.
- Make sure you select the destination USB drive from the "Device" drop-down menu.
- The file system should be NTFS.
- Click the "Select" button to go to the location of the Windows Vista Insider Preview ISO file, choose it, and click "Start."
- The process will take a while to complete, of course, depending on the speed of your USB memory.
- Once finished, you can eject the drive and use it to perform a clean installation on any compatible system you want by booting the machine and booting directly from the USB drive. However, you may need to enter the target system BIOS and temporarily disable secure boot to access it.
And there you have it, a brilliant bootable USB drive with which you can upgrade any computer compatible with the latest Microsoft operating system. Well, an earlier version that you can upgrade to the latest operating system anyway.