Today there is a new patch of Valheim that makes two big changes in the game, in a kind of "good news, bad news" package. First, the good news: Maypoles, which previously could only be found in the abandoned villages of the Meadows biome, can now be created.
This is a good help for players, as Maypoles provides extra comfort when resting within their reach. Comfort affects the "rested effect", which increases XP gains and health and endurance regeneration rates. The more comfortable you are, the more you will benefit from the "rested" impulse.
Just in time for midsummer, players can now build their own #Valheim Maypole. 🌼 pic.twitter.com/3ZgcODkrtBJune 23, 2021
The bad news, to put it bluntly, is that you’re now more likely to get your ass fucked and your stuff shattered. The patch makes changes to the monster AI to make them more likely to attack structures when they can't get their hands on them ("among other things," which sounds awful) and the bosses will no longer run away from you. Gray dwarfs are also better at throwing now.
The reaction to the patch and Steam it's a bit mixed. Several users say that greydwarfs are already annoying enough and that if they do, it will only increase the annoyance factor instead of significantly improving the game. There are also complaints about the pace of “big” updates: Developer Iron Gate pushed back its update roadmap earlier this month and the first of four updates scheduled for this year is not expected to arrive until later this summer.
Valheim 0.155.7 patch it's live now. The full notes on the patch are shown below.
- Fixed errors for random saving (resolves a very unusual case of global corruption caused when closing)
- AI monster pieces (attacking structures more aggressively when you can't attack the player among other things)
- Open the container solution (fixes the problem where you had to click on a container several times to open it in multiplayer)
- He taught Greydwarfs to pitch better
- Event Trigger Modifications (The Wolf event is only activated after Bonemass has been killed, a moderate army can be activated in the mountains, etc.)
- The Blob event has been activated for a long time
- SFX Volume Configuration Solution (Incorrect database conversion used)
- Maypole activated (Happy summer!)
- AI flight behavior adjustments (bosses no longer run away from you)